DAANJ Membership for both active and retired athletic administrators can be done online on this site in the right hand margin under Membership Registration. There are times during the year when that process and online link will not be available.
Active Membership in DAANJ & NIAAA is $120 for 2016-2017. This membership fee includes a life insurance policy worth $2,500.
Retiree Membership in DAANJ = $15 NIAAA = $30
There are currently 308 active Athletic Directors and 114 retired Athletic Directors in the DAANJ membership.
NIAAA Membership Commendation: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Directors of Athletics Association of New Jersey is a professional organization of High School Directors of Athletics and is dedicated to athletes, sportsmanship, and assisting members in their leadership role.
Here are some of the ways DAANJ serves its members:
- Association Influence
- Awards and Recognition
- Insurance Coverage
- Public Relations
- Retiree Membership
- Professional Development
- Workshop in conjunction with NJSIAA
- Newsletter Publications
- Scholarship Fund for Student Athletes
- Professional Membership on State Level
- State Convention / Workshop
- Mentoring / New AD Workshop
The purpose of the DAANJ Mentor Program has a dual focus. Both are designed to develop critical skills necessary for a new Athletic Director to effectively function in his/her school, district, conference, State Athletic Association and community.
First, assisting the new Athletic Directors with management skills that will meet requirement of students and staff. This should enhance a level of confidence, which will enable the second focus, leadership skills, to develop and maintain ethical, educational standards for staff, students, parents and community.
Second, assisting the new Athletic Director with skills will keep the co-curricular activities a viable part of the total school program.
The positive development of these skills will also server to expand the pool of leaders at the local, state and national levels.
DAANJ Fact Sheet
- DAANJ is moving forward to serve our membership. The following informational items were developed from your evaluations and the executive committees recommendations to serve you better.
- Registration - You will complete and forward two separate orders. One, for membership in the DAANJ and NIAAA (N.J. has the largest NIAAA membership in the country). The second for hotel registration at The Golden Nugget. You will receive information that clearly explains the details in October. Process your paperwork immediately to avoid problems. The Golden Nugget will handle your hotel reservations now.
- Hospitality Suites - (extra stay) Non-smoking rooms and meals - Information regarding hospitality suites and extra stay will be provided. Accomodations for non-smoking (smoke-free) rooms will be addressed. Concerns for meal selections (banquet and workshop) have been adjusted to meet our needs.
- LTI Courses - To provide more opportunities for and to avoid conflicts with other programs we will be offering LTC courses on Sunday and Monday mornings. A preview will be available in your October mailing.
- DAANJ Newsletter - We encourage contributions toward sharing in our professional development. Please forward articles, tips, etc. from your experiences to DAANJ Newsletter Chairperson, Robert Hopek. Look for information regarding scholarships and "clear-defense" backboard safety program in the next issue.
- DAANJ Athletic Director of the Year and Sectional Award of Merit - Please take the time in your County or League & Conference level to recognize the deserving talent in Athletic Administration throughout our State. Our awards program last year was reflective of this endeavor.